THE ENIGMA SCHOOL OF POTTERY
1. This privacy notice provides you with details of how Enigma Pottery collects and processes your personal data through your use of our website www.enigmapottery.co.uk and www.enigmapotteryhomewareandgifts.co.uk including any information you may provide through the site when you purchase a product or service, sign up to our newsletter or take part in a prize draw or competition.
By providing Enigma Pottery with your data, you confirm that you are over 13 years of age.
I, Jenny Barton, is the data controller and am responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we” and “Enigma Pottery” in this privacy notice).
Full name of legal entity: Enigma Pottery
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 15 Vicarage Street, Frome, Somerset BA11 1PX
If you are not happy with any aspect of how Enigma Pottery collects and uses your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would be grateful if you would contact Enigma Pottery first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
It is very important that the information Enigma Pottery holds about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing email@example.com.
2.The personal data Enigma Pottery may collect about you
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
Enigma Pottery may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
• Identity Data may include your first name, last name, username, marital status, title.
• Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Transaction Data may include details about payments between Enigma Pottery and other details of purchases made by you.
• Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
• Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data may include information about how you use this site, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from me and your communication preferences.
I may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where I review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of my site. If I link the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
I do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. I do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between Enigma Pottery and you do not provide me with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide Enigma Pottery with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have requested but if I do, I will notify you at the time.
3. How I collect your personal data
Enigma Pottery collects data about you through a variety of different methods including:
Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on this site (or otherwise) or by communicating with me by post, phone, Skype, email or otherwise, including when you:
• order my products or services;
• subscribe to my services or publications;
• request resources or marketing be sent to you;
• enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
• give me feedback.
Third parties or publicly available sources: Enigma Pottery may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
• Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House based inside the EU
4. How Enigma Pottery uses your personal data
Enigma Pottery will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
• Where we need to perform the contract between you and Enigma Pottery.
• Where it is necessary for my legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where I need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the ‘manage my preferences’ link within the footer of any of my marketing emails.
Reasons for processing your personal data
Set out below is a description of the ways Enigma Pottery intends to use your personal data and the legal grounds on which we will process such data. We have also explained what our legitimate interests are where relevant.
I may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which I am using your data. Please email me at email@example.com if you need details about the specific legal ground I am relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
You will receive marketing communications from me if you have:
• requested information from me; or
• if you provided me with your details when you registered for email marketing or free resources; and
• in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Enigma Pottery does not share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask Enigma Pottery to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the unsubscribe links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
Where you opt out of receiving my marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of Purpose
Enigma Pottery will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it.
5. Disclosures of your personal data
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in section 4 above:
• Outsourced team members, including virtual assistants and website designers.
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
• HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
• Third parties to whom I may sell, transfer or merge parts of my business or my assets.
• Applications and tools that I use to run my business: these change regularly and as such are not listed here. Please email me at email@example.com if you require details of these.
I require all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. International Transfers
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do my best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
• We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
• Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
• Where we use providers based in the United States, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
7. Data Security
Enigma Pottery has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instruction and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Enigma Pottery has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where I am legally required to do so.
8. Data Retention
Enigma Pottery will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, ie consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law, Enigma Pottery has to keep basic information about customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask Enigma Pottery to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances, Enigma Pottery may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9.Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
• Request access to your personal data.
• Request correction of your personal data.
• Request erasure of your personal data.
• Object to processing of your personal data.
• Request restriction of processing your personal data.
• Request transfer of your personal data.
• Withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights on the ICO website.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, Enigma Pottery may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, Enigma Pottery may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Enigma Pottery may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up any response.
Enigma Pottery will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. Enigma Pottery does not control these third-party websites and we are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave either of Enigma Pottery’s websites, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.